Michael Law Bio
Michael Law is a freelance travel writer and photographer who caught the travel bug at an early age. Doing a Rotary International exchange to Chennai, India as a student at the age of 16 helped set the stage for a life of travel.
Between degrees at the University of Manitoba he took a gap year to explore the world, and 10 years later, took another year off from work and life to again hit the road and see areas he missed the first time round, with his wife Lana Law.
In his personal life and as a writer, Michael has continued to travel regularly, visiting over 50 countries. His adventures are often planned around his passions: skiing, kiteboarding, hiking, camping, fishing, and other outdoor activities. Some of his most frequented destinations outside of Canada are the Dominican Republic, Colorado, Arizona, and North Carolina.
Michael is a member of SATW (Society of American Travel Writers), NASJA (North America Snowsports Journalists Association), and TMAC (Travel Media Association of Canada). He has lived in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, and Ontario, Canada, where he currently resides. Each winter he heads out to see new places and revisit favorites.
For more details or to contact Michael, see mikelawtravels.com.
Recent Travel and Articles
Recent adventures include kiteboarding in Brazil, the Dominican Republic, and North Carolina's Outer Banks; road-tripping through Spain and New Zealand; exploring beaches in the Philippines; and camping and hiking in Ontario, Canada.
Florida: Michael has undertaken many trips to Florida. His most recent excursion included six weeks covering destinations on the Gulf Coast of Florida, exploring towns and beaches.
- Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Sarasota
- Best Beaches in Sarasota
- Best Beaches in Florida
- Best Things to Do in Clearwater
- Best Beaches on Anna Maria Island
- Best Things to Do in Seaside
- Best Things to Do in Destin
- Best Things to Do in Fort Walton Beach
- Top-Rated Things to Do in Dunedin
- Best Beaches near Dunedin
- Top Things to Do in Venice, Florida
- Best Beaches in Venice, Florida
- Best Beaches on Marco Island
- Best Beaches on Siesta Key
- Best Things to Do in Tarpon Springs
North Carolina: With his passion for kiteboarding, Michael frequents North Carolina's Outer Banks to enjoy the beaches and winds at some of the state's best beach towns.
- Best Beaches in the Outer Banks
- Best Coastal Towns in North Carolina
- Best Campgrounds in the Outer Banks
Skiing: Michael has been skiing since the age of five and has found himself on slopes all over the world. Having lived for several years in both British Columbia and Alberta, these are some of his favorite spots. Colorado and Utah are also among his top ski destinations.
- Best Ski Resorts in Alberta
- Best Ski Resorts in Banff
- Best Ski Resorts in British Columbia
- Best Ski Resorts near Vancouver
- Best Ski Resorts in Utah
Ontario: Ontario is where Michael spends a large chunk of his summers each year. From the cities and towns to the parks and lakes, he's found no end of topics to write on.
- Best Small Towns in Ontario
- Things to Do in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Things to Do in Huntsville
- Things to Do in Tobermory
- Things to Do at Blue Mountain
- Best Beaches in Toronto
- Best Parks in Toronto
- Best Places for Camping near Toronto
- Best Places for Camping in Ontario
- Things to Do in Mississauga
- Best Beaches in Mississauga
- Best Park in Mississauga