Margaret Bridge, Budapest Margit hid
Margaret Bridge (Margit híd) is in two sections; the first connects the Buda Ring with the southern tip of Margaret Island, and the second continues on to provide a link with the Outer Ring (Szent István körút). It was constructed in 1876, making it the second oldest bridge over the Danube. The bridge was destroyed during the Second World War, was rebuilt in 1948 and extended to measure almost 640m (2100ft) long and 25m (84ft) wide.
Margaret Bridge Map
Sharing some of the Lucas Baths open-air facilities are the Emperor Baths (Császár-fürdõ), one of the oldest spa establishments in Budapest. It can trace its history back to a Turkish bath (Hamam) built during the reign of Sokollu Mustafa Pasüa, and an octagonal dome building from that time still remains. In 1806 the baths were re-built in the Classical style.In 1976 a sports swimming pool was opened in the wing facing the Danube, with seating for 2000 spectators.
The famous Lucas Baths (Lukács-fürdo) is a spa establishment which has been extended several times since 1760. The spacious pump-room and the adjoining treatment room are visited by large numbers of patients every day. Adjoining the Lucas Baths is the well-known Budapest Institute of Physiotherapy and Rheumatology.
Mill Pond (Malom-tó) lies opposite the Lucas and Emperor Baths, the water level of which corresponds with that of the neighboring thermal springs. On its northern side stands St Stephen's Chapel, designed by Lószef Hild in 1844, with a fine reredos.