Lisa Alexander Bio
Lisa Alexander is a freelance writer based in Upstate New York (but dreams of living in a French château). She became captivated with France on a vacation in Paris in her twenties. The rose windows of Notre-Dame and the rose-flavored macaroons of Ladurée tea room made a life-changing impression.
Shortly after her first visit, Lisa returned to Paris and enrolled in a French pâtisserie diploma course at Le Cordon Bleu school of cuisine. This Parisian experience inspired her baking blog: Let Them Bake Cake!
During her two-year stay in France and on subsequent visits, Lisa covered the tourist highlights of the Hexagon from Paris to Provence and Bordeaux to Burgundy. She has also traveled extensively in Europe and especially loves the Mediterranean; her other favorite countries include Belgium, Greece, Malta, Israel, Italy, Turkey and Spain.
Travels and Articles
France: Lisa is PlanetWare's primary travel writer on France. She offers her insight on the best places to visit, things to see and do at each destination, and tips on regional cuisine. Below is a small sample of some of her most popular articles.
- Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Paris
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris in Winter
- Best Places to Visit in France
- Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in France
- Best Places to Visit in the South of France
- Top-Rated Attractions & Places to Visit in Lyon
- Best Beach Destinations in France
- Top-Rated Tourist Attractions on the Côte d'Azur
- Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Nice
- Top Attractions & Scenic Drives in Provence
- Top Tourist Attractions in the Loire Valley
- Top Attractions & Places to Visit in Brittany
- Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Cannes
- Top-Rated Attractions & Places to Visit in Normandy
- Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Bordeaux
- Best Cities in France
- Best Places to Visit in France in Winter
To read more of Lisa's articles on France, see our complete guide to visiting France.
California: Lisa lived in San Francisco prior to moving to New York state. She is an expert on the area, returns regularly, and has written numerous articles for PlanetWare on California.
- Best Free Things to Do in San Francisco
- Top Day Trips from San Francisco
- Top-Rated Things to Do in California
- Top-Rated Romantic Getaways in California
- Best Cities in California
- Top-Rated Things to Do in Oakland
- Top-Rated Things to Do in Half Moon Bay
- Best Ski Resorts at Lake Tahoe
- Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Lake Tahoe