Old Town Hall, Munich Altes Rathaus
Munich's Gothic Town Hall, known since the 19th C. as the Old Town Hall, was built by Jörg von Halspack (known as Ganghofer) between 1470 and 1480 (an earlier building, the first town hall to stand on the east side of the present Marienplatz, is known to have been under construction in about 1310). After undergoing modification in accordance with the taste of the day in the Late Renaissance and Baroque periods, the Altes Rathaus was reconverted to the Gothic style in 1861-64.
Old Town Hall Map
Transit: S-Bahn: S1-S7 (Marienplatz); U-Bahn: U3, U6 (Marienplatz)
Munich Toy Museum
The small toy museum (Ivan Steiger Collection) now established in the Altes Rathaus tower has an interesting miniature railroad and a variety of other toys including lead toys and pretty dolls and doll's houses.
Map of Munich Attractions